Welcome to your new beginning! Your divorce has provided you with the opportunity to start over again. Maybe you are finding yourself debt free for the first time in a long time or handling household finances alone for the first time in many years after filing for divorce. Whether you need help with simply planning a budget or want a full financial plan, we can help you achieve financial peace of mind.
Getting Financially Organized
- Organize your documents – what can you throw away now that you are divorced? What should you keep? We can help you figure it out
- Scan documents in electronic folders in a cloud
- Track your spending in an average month/look back on spending during an average month: focus on needs/wants/waste.
- Know your income each month.
- Know your outflow needs and outflow wants each month
- Future planning – what dreams do you have? Vacation with children or friends? Humanitarian aid overseas? Refinish part of your home?
We can help you plan to make that dream a reality.
- Know what you own and what you owe – your net worth. Put it on paper.
- Get your emergency fund in order – start with $1,000 in a savings account and work up to 3 months of needs in a savings account.
Claiming the Assets You Were Awarded
- Were you awarded brokerage accounts in the divorce? If so, you need to complete paperwork at the firm level to move those funds into your name.
- What about cost basis – do you move that as well? Learn what that means and how to do it.
- What about IRA’s or ROTH IRA’s – were you awarded those in your divorce? Learn how to move those funds into your name.
- Were you awarded a 401(k) or 403(b) or other group retirement plan? If so, you’ll likely need a QDRO to receive those funds. Learn about QDRO’s here.
- What about pension plans?
- Were you divorced later in life and concerned about income in retirement years? If so, we can help you.
- Are you concerned about the stock market and want more secure forms of income? We can help you with this through French Financial Group.
- Are you younger but need a bridge of income until you can find a job or new career? We can help explore your options and create a plan for you.
- Do you feel a financial plan to lay out your future is helpful? We can do this for you through French Financial Group.
Planning for Your Future
- Going through a divorce provides the chance to plan what you want for you and your future.
- Have you thought about goals for your future?
- What have you always wanted to do which your spouse would not do?
- What big ideas do you have which you’d like to explore?
- Post divorce financial planning is not just about spreadsheets and cash flow, it’s about what you want your future to look like. You have a “start over” button which was pushed and has started – we can help you visualize where to go from here and realistically how to get there.
Schedule a complimentary financial coaching consultation
Just 30 Minutes on the phone!
Creating a Cash Flow System for You
- Do you know how much income you make each month?
- Do you know how much it costs you to live each month?
- We can help you create a cash flow plan for financial peace of mind. Shop without guilt or fear by knowing what you can safely spend and even when you can safely splurge on special events while keeping your future intact!
- What is your risk tolerance?
- What is your time horizon for using your assets?
- We can help you answer these questions and other pertinent questions which will determine where your assets should be placed.
- Investment placement is facilitated through French Financial Group
- We will work with your current CPA or our recommended tax professionals to create the most tax advantageous investment plan possible for your individual situation.
Estate Preservation Strategies
- We help your clients protect their estate by proper structuring of investment, cash and retirement accounts.
- We will also help you walk through decisions on who will raise your children if you are gone, who will be able to pay your bills if you become incapacitated and who will make medical decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated. We can also connect you with an estate planning attorney who will convert your wishes into a legal will.